Java / Kotlin Engineer
If you are a passionate Java developer with 2-5 years working experience and you're looking for an exciting and challenging role in a dynamic environment in Athens, then we would like to meet you. We also love Kotlin lately so consider writing some of it as part of the job!
- Develop elegant, maintainable, testable, and reusable code
- Develop enterprise driven web-based and mobile-based applications
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing
- Develop enhancements to existing product lines as well as design and develop new ones
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure application meets functional requirements; produce and maintain product documentation
- Interface with business domain experts and advise on best technology guidelines
- Solid technical understanding of Java (version 8 up to 11) - Collections, Generics, MultiThreading, Annotations and Spring.io - Spring Core Framework, Spring Boot 2, Data, Cloud, Stream
- Interest in Kotlin and new programming paradigms in general
- Experience utilizing Microservices architecture - Netflix OSS
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience with MongoDB, CouchDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or Oracle
- Nice to have experience with Hadoop, Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience with Debian, Ubuntu or any other linux distro
- Solid background using agile development - Scrum semantics
- Knowledge of Functional Programming Patterns
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration
- Understand process and deliverables associated with each systems life cycle phases
- Knowledge of back end optimization and performance techniques
- Minimum 2+ years of Java development experience
- Must be energetic, goal oriented, innovative, hardworking, persistent, and patient
- Individual must have good Greek/English oral and written communication and teamwork skills
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong business ethics
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Travel: Yes. Ability to travel once or twice a year.
- Competitive salary and benefits will be offered based on experience.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!